At SVCS we understand that your pets are important family members and that they can get sick at anytime of the day or night. We are here for you outside of normal clinic hours with a dedicated On Call Veterinarian, providing emergency care, advice and treatment.
Call our normal clinic number (07)46811523 and press 2 to reach the on call veterinarian, please leave a message if your call is not answered with your Name, Phone number and Reason for your call and the on call vet will shortly return your call. If your call is not returned promptly please call again.
When do pets need to come to emergency?
- Changes to breathing (faster breathing, breathing harder, panting excessively)
- Snake bites
- Paralysis ticks
- Excessive coughing, vomiting or diarrhoea
- Straining to urinate or defecate
- Collapsing or severe weakness/fatigue
- Paralysis or inability to move normally
- Ingesting poisons such as: rat bait, snail or slug bait, antifreeze, human or pet prescription medication, chocolate, macadamia nuts, grapes, raisins or sultanas
- Trauma such as being hit by a car, falling off a balcony or dog or cat fights
- Vomiting blood
- Abdominal bloating
- Distress or drooling after eating a bone or other object
- Eating a fishhook or anything not meant to be ingested
- Any condition causing excessive pain